Arielle                    Erin              Jeni              Sheri

Saturday, June 16, 2012

retrosketches #16...


Good morning! We were overjoyed to see so many entries last week, thank you all so much! We finished up the voting a little earlier this morning & I'm still sorting it all out - but I didn't want it to hold up this fabulous new sketch, so I'll post it a little later! (ETA - the ROCKstar and SHOUTSouts for last week are now posted here!)

Speaking of fabulous - we have N@ Ali as our guest designer today! I first "met" her when she started playing along at the colourQ - and I never fail to be impressed by her creativity and beautiful CAS style!
Today's sketch will probably scare you as much as it did us - but I think it's amazing inspiration for a little "out of the box" designing! As you'll see, the DT took it in all directions - so definitely give it a try! (If you take it literally - it's a great way to use up some scraps!)

Here is N@ new version of her previous card...


And here are our takes...





Things to remember:

  • The linky closes at 11:59pm on Thursday, June 21st, 2012.
  • You MUST use the sketch. If we cannot see the main elements of the sketch, your project might be removed or at the least, not eligible for winning or getting a shout out!
  • Enter as often as you like with a different project each time.
  • You are welcome to combine challenges.
  • HAVE FUN!!!

I hope you will play along this week!

16 comments:

  1. thank you, thank you, thank you!
    and great DT cards - as always ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful sketch! Thanks girls! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - these are stunning - must have a go at this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. N@ has made an amazing sketch and an amazing card! Talk about a challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this sketch and great interpretations, DT! I hope to find time this weekend to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! All great DT samples!
    I wasn't sure what to make of this sketch, but the samples are all fabulous and make the sketch easier to interpret. Very fun! I hope to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Complex sketch but beautiful cards. Not sure how I'll be able to come up with something for this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE Nats work - FAB sketch and love the DT interpretations :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, I love this sketch N@! I knew exactly what I wanted to create. And it was so much fun :)
    Thanks for the fabulous inspiration from N@ and the DT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like fun, I'm going to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So happy I found your blog! Just the fire under the butt I needed. ;) GORGEOUS DT inspiration too. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous sketch - made for some fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on hosting N@! Love the original and the white.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, the deadline is past and I was so excited to go visit each participant's blog! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete